Nutritious Oatmeal Muffins-Perfect to grab and go!
Who wants something nutritious AND delicious to grab as they are on their way out the door?! Whether you want to eat them for breakfast, or take them to a brunch, or snack on one in the afternoon, whatever your hearts desire may be: These muffins are a wonderful choice!
Rolled oats, ground flax & the applesauce provide an excellent source of fiber which is essential in keeping your digestive system moving. You can change up the flavor by adding different little things to your mixture. Chocolate anyone?
One of the more common things I hear with people is not having/making the time to eat breakfast. Having these in the refrigerator to grab and go is perfect!
- These muffins with coconut cream & blueberries on top are yummy!
- Check your oats to make sure they are certified gluten free. Naturally oats are, but they usually are packaged in a facility that also processes wheat and can have some cross contamination.
- Cinnamon sprinkled on top is absolutely delicious.
- If you let these cool in the fridge overnight, they will be less likely to stick to the liner.
- You can add a handful of chocolate chips as a treat. (I like this brand)
- I think you could add some protein powder in place of the oats but I have not personally tried this.